Food for thought

It is beyond my doubt that whoever wrote the following 'gems', must've been helplessly inebriated, or had an extremely important errand to run, or lost control over one's bladder, or skipped at least one square meal before he/she actually wrote it. I mostly think it must've been one of those chappies working at the restaurant, for I believe chappies have an innate tendency to shut their minds off and drop their jaws open instead, when they encounter delicious, lip-smacking and mouth-watering food -- Take me, for instance -- Show me a plateful of echt Bhel-Poori and a woman-full of zeal and oomph -- you can never buy me for the latter!

Anyway, coming back, thanks to Sarvajnya for capturing and sharing these precious writings, directly from the buffet table of a desi restaurant in Amreeka, whose name I don't wish to disclose!

I don't know if the cuisine in this restaurant hydrated the eaters' tongues, but I can tell for sure that the following captions would really tickle your funny bone for now!



.....and that's okra curry for you!



....that's how stylish it would sound if an 'Amreekan' pronounced cottage cheese in Hindi!




......with what? whiskey, soda and ice?




....i don't think that sounds sweet!




....there can be a free thought, but not free food...before you can lay your hands on that, crack the anagram first!




...okay...so, now I know where those 'hawalas' originated from!




.......and finally, I lost my 'peace' after reading this!

Comments

Mad said…
Why does this post remind me of Sairam Cafeteria!
Shruti said…
whoops! did tickle did tickle lol!! gajar ka hawala lol :P
And hey.. welcome back from ur loooong break :-)
Gazal said…
the 'gajar hawala' takes the cake..

hilarious.....
Karthik said…
Guru...bad ...this was a big break ..good u are back ,,Welcome back
Anonymous said…
Oh God! The memories come flooding back!! LOL
Madhumita said…
"Bhandi masala"? :) And its all so neatly printed out in someone's best handwriting too!
G U R U said…
@mad: Oh really? Man, I hardly remember! did they even have their menus written in english :-D ?????!!!
G U R U said…
@odn: Dude, thanks!!! btw, your pics made me rock ;-)
G U R U said…
@shruti: Glad it tickled :) Thanks!!
G U R U said…
@gazal: Yeah, that was a good one..but my personal favourite is 'Peach pullao' (Peas pulav) :)
G U R U said…
@karthik: Occupational hazard, you see! Will try and bridge the gaps..thanks!!
G U R U said…
@aarthi: Welcome back...long time no seen? Reminiscence of the past brought you back here, huh ;-) ?
G U R U said…
@madhumita: Crazy, isn't it :-D ?
Sahefa said…
The writing is really cool! and all the food present as well:P
G U R U said…
@Sahefa: Actually, I felt the food was hot and the writings, hotter!
Sahefa said…
hii
waiting for your new great post as you always write.
-=A.R.N.=- said…
LOL!
Good one dude.
G U R U said…
@matangi mawley: I know!!!!
G U R U said…
@sahefa: Coming soon!!
G U R U said…
@rahman: Thanks dude!! Keep clicking!
Vinesh said…
haha - good ones. reminds me of my office cafeteria

Snake Guard
Alu Mutters
White Variety Rice
Shruti said…
U've been tagged.. with the love link.. just in case I've posted more by the time u check it out, here's the link! ;)

http://high-spot.blogspot.com/2008/05/letting-love-linger-tag.html
G U R U said…
@vinesh: LOL!! "White variety rice" was the best :-D

@shruti: You seem to be bitten by the tag bug huh :)?
RukmaniRam said…
peach... pull... ow!!!

did you get to eat those?
V. Archana said…
haha..i laughed my gut out.
But i see such creativity everyday on my way back home from college,especially those roadside "salad bandies"
misspelled as "salard","salid" or "sarleed". :D
Why that,one of the medical stores name read "chemists and durggists"

Anyways,nice blog,liked reading some of your postings :)

Popular posts from this blog

I yum resign

Token of appreciation