KDLC - Kitchenware Development Life Cycle


Conversation between a husband and wife, both software engineers, working together in their kitchen at home...My figment of imagination !


Wife: Please cut the vegetables while I make other preparations. That way we will work for 45 man-woman minutes, per task.

Husband: sure honey !

After 10 minutes, the husband was caught red-handed watching 'fear factor' on AXN. Little did he realise that the episode at home would be more gripping than the actual serial he was watching. Had he read or atleast learnt from marrried men about the 'w-syndrome', he might have avoided the purchase of a new set-top box, for which he spent 5K! 'Fear factor' would be aired live and free (24/7), even to the neighbours !

Wife: What the hell are you doing honey ?

Husband: Err..hehe..nothing..am on a 15 minute vacation now.

Wife: I still have 30 minutes left to complete my task..have you cut the vegetables yet?

Husband: Oh yeah..that's why am on a short vacation..once am back, I'll do a little bit of review on the cut vegetables..FYI, I have already fixed the worms and bugs while washing..You might want to do a peer review before implementation (cooking)..

Wife : This is bad...by the way how did you complete your task so soon ?

Husband : Oh ! that was simple..I used the food processor...just 5 minutes..fata-fat-wah !

Wife : Ridiculous..I thought you would cut the vegetables using a knife. Based on my estimates, both of us should complete our assigned tasks within 45 minutes. And if you have completed it any earlier, it means that you don't have enough work.

Husband : It means that am more efficient than you are...

Wife : It means that you have to make the dishes now..and it also means that I cannot afford to have an idle resource sitting on bench and watching the damn TV.

Husband : This is absurd..I have made use of a tool to get my work done sooner..to reduce my work load..I mean the food processor..your estimate just covers how much time is allotted to me to complete my task...not the means to achieve it...gotcha ?

Wife: Oh really ? ok smartie..tomorrow we swap the roles..same estimates..but let's exchange our tasks..you will make the dishes and you will do the implementation (cooking)..ok ?

Husband : Damn ! And you will just cut the vegetables alone ???

Wife : No..Also your tongue..

Husband : Hmmm.., I think you are trying to (take revenge on me) make me work more and more..If that gives you some sort of (sadistic) pleasure, I would be more than just happy to (break your teeth !) do it for you honey !

Next day, the wife comes home late deliberately. And the husband comes
early, deliberately. They don't speak to each other. The wife is watching her husband with a wily smile as she enters home and removes her slippers. The husband is watching 'Guinness prime time' on AXN with a grin, as he eats the last few pieces of pop-corn from his bowl. The wife refreshes herself, pulls a chair to sit near her husband and gives him a cold smile. The husband changes the channel from FTV, back to AXN and greets his wife with a warm smile. Both of them together watch 'Ripley's believe it or not'. Believe it or not, this is the only interest they shared in common.



Wife: So dude, wassup ?

Husband : ( huh? Ceiling fan ! ) ..Ah, well nothing much dame..

Wife : Have you atleast commenced work on your task my bloody honey ? I have the vegetables ready in the fridge..I had cut them yesterday..

Husband : Oh yeah...I know..everything's done...I used up all the vegetables..and the vegetables are ready for tomorrow too !

Wife: Fantastic ! How and when on earth did you become so responsible ?

Husbad : Since yesterday...after your estimates bombed and we failed to implement..and after we finally went to bed with empty stomachs..

Wife : Good ! So the reversal of roles had worked so well ! And that goes to say that am a good manager !

Husband : Yeah honey..you are a good damager..oops..sorry ..I mean..manager..

Wife : whatever..am happy things have worked out exactly as I had planned...and that too within my budget..

Husband : Ah, err..well partly yes..

Wife : what ?

Husband: your plan was good..no doubt..but it was costly..

Wife: what the hell ?

Huband : Yeah, I outsourced all my work..

Wife : I don't understand a damn of whatever you are saying..Can you be damn straight in what you are telling ?

Husband: Ok dame(damn !) ..I hired a damn cook to do my part of the damn work !...hehehehe...

Wife : #$%>~!#$%*

Husband : ~~ !! @@ ## $$ %%

......and the argument continues

Comments

RvK said…
Nice... Hope u'r girlfriend agrees with u when u get married :)

Popular posts from this blog

I yum resign

Food for thought

Token of appreciation