Skanda-Purana: Adventures with my half-year old son

If you compare my head and his fingers, you'll find more hair in the latter - such is the power of an infant's grasp, mind you. As for my son, that's how he expresses his love - by tearing my hair apart.



Unlike his dad, he can come up with a spiky hairstyle, almost effortlessly - All he would have to do is wake up from his sleep.



He slips his hand under the quilt and screams his diaper-off, because he cannot find his hand again!



He proves every now and then that he's the son of two electrical engineers, by chewing the black USB-Cable of the 'logitech' web camera.



When he cannot stand his dad's histrionics any longer, he buries his face with the nearest piece of paper available.



When he is terribly hungry, if he cannot find his feeding bottle in the nearest vicinity, his mouth somehow gets hold of a nipple-like big and blunt object to suck - his father's nose.



If you notice scratches or blemishes of other sorts on my face, it means my son and I have had intimate moments together. 



Having read that babies love their parents' body-warmth, everyday I rock my son frantically for thirty minutes, trying to put him to sleep. The body-warmth thing does work - only for adults - eventually, I fall asleep and he's still wide awake, as fresh as ever.



He isn't a daddy-craving kid. He is happy with the soft-toy-souvenir that his uncle once brought from North Carolina - a whitish brown orangutan.



He is one of a kind kid, in the sense that he hates sucking his own thumb. Don't get me wrong, I just meant to say, he likes his index-finger better.




Apart from the above, the 'thirukkural' sized infant has other funny quirks, for which I don't have a pictorical proof....    

He amuses himself by kissing and licking his own shadow on the carpet.
He tightly clasps his silver spoon and thrusts it straight into his throat, holding his grasp for several minutes, thinking that the food will keep flowing in, just like how it does via a feeding bottle.

He laughs hysterically when his dad shreds the New York Times into hundred pieces, just to disport him.

When it comes to dressing, he has no preferences. I could even sock him up with my wife's pink i-pod sleeve.

He is extremely well-mannered. If you attempt to shake hands with him while he's lying on his back, he'll extend his leg. 

The Murphy's law always works - he waits patiently till I unfasten the soiled diaper from his bottom. After am fully done with the cleaning, he pees in peace, right onto my face.

Photo Courtesy: Thanks to R A V E, my wife, for the pics! 

Comments

RukmaniRam said…
"He tightly clasps his silver spoon and thrusts it straight into his throat, holding his grasp for several minutes, thinking that the food will keep flowing in, just like how it does via a feeding bottle." LOL!
Titan said…
Guru , skanda is making you really busy I feel.Its good to see you writing after a sabattical.
I like your explanation and imagination for his each and every moves.Keep rolling ..
G U R U said…
@RukmaniRam: (:-D)
G U R U said…
@Titan: Yeah, that he makes sure :) Thanks for stopping by dude!
Unknown said…
This is a good post mait. You have to save this Skanda Purana. I am sure ur son will be happy if he see's this when he grows old..Cheers

My favourite one:
"He proves every now and then that he's the son of two electrical engineers, by chewing the black USB-Cable of the 'logitech' web camera."
LOL

Siva
G U R U said…
@Sivaraman: Sure mait...Infact, I've even syndicated a feed to his e-mail id :-D

Thanks!!
Dude... Skanda is absolutely adorable! I liked the hand-locating and nose-biting acts :)
Karthik said…
Skanda is amazing,His spiky hair was funny...:))
Gazal said…
this is just the beginning...and is the best phase...as they get older you keep praying that it was better when they were younger...

lol @ murphy's law...it always happened with me as well.
Shruti said…
:)
lemme warn u. kiddo's hair says that he is going to be a very witty naughty child! :)
Btw.. no 1st bday pics?
I give u one week's time :|

Popular posts from this blog

I yum resign

Food for thought

Software inside, footwear outside