Google for sale?

Search giant Google is known for its creativity in morphing the characters of its "Google" doodle depending on the occasion. For instance, on Oct 2nd, Google for the first time, became a Mahatma by transforming the first "G" in its logo to a majestic pencil sketch of our Bapu.

However, today, when I visited www.google.com briefly, I felt Google was up for sale. What else can a person who has a confused brain like that of the author of this post think of when one sees thin strips of alternating black and white patterns that resemble a bar code, in the place of the Google doodle? The fact though, is that it really is a bar code and Google is surely not for sale - yet. Upon decoding, one would be able to unravel the word "Google", says Digital Inspiration. Brilliant, isn't it?

Device magazine says that it is Google's way of honouring the invention of Bar Code - a typical this day, that age material! - rings a bell? Let me know if it doesn't.

Coming back to my initial trip to google.com today, though I first imagined that Google was on sale, I was quickly overwhelmed by a completely different and compelling fantasy - with the ongoing debate at Chronicwriter on India's controversial discovery of human piss on the moon, one shouldn't complain if I said that I imagined the bar code to be one of those satellite pictures, which represented a poor imitation of the zebra-crossing on the moon, created by an amateur astronaut-painter who was excessively drunk and was working on his strokes against the lack of gravity!

This is how the painting came out bar code looks:




Jokes apart. Am an ardent fan of Google. There is nothing that it does not know. It is next to god.

Comments

Shruti said…
I did see the Gandhi page.. it was wow! dint see the barcode though. Oh I'd try to decode that and find g-o-o-g-l-e there :P
lol! human piss on the moon! :P

btw hey! :) looong time :D How's Skanda? :)

Popular posts from this blog

I yum resign

Food for thought

Token of appreciation