Filler post

It's been more than two weeks since I ventured (is that the right word?) into this space of mine. We were off to Florida on a long vacation and just returned this week! Thanks to all those who stopped by my blog while I was away! I had to let go of my creative energies for a fortnight, hoping that I'd be able to trap them afresh after my return. Here I am -- Back, and physically, fully rejuvenated. But for some reason, my mind is still enclosed inside this emptiness that I forcefully created before we started out! Probably, my soul is still hanging around in Miami with those bikini-clad women, in one of those dangerously-beautiful white beaches;It probably is looking for more exposure to cosmic rays.

What the heck? Is this what's called as writer's block (read blogger's block)? Believe me, am trying really hard to get over with it. Hopefully, I'll overcome this creepy phenomenon within a week's time. Until then, a word of caution to all those avid bloggers out there in the blogsphere -- before you go on vacation, make sure you have atleast a couple of posts saved as drafts that are publishable as soon as you return. The block-bug would be waiting to bite you!

A random thought that whisked through my neurons while I was dozing off in southwest airlines, which I'd like to share -- after the advent of the push-button telephones, and after the conventional and archaic dial-phones have become more of a collector's item, shouldn't the word 'dialing' itself be extinct by now?

Okay, I guess that was too much. Now, chill out for a bit and watch these
fireworks that I shot in Disney, using my low-resolution camera.



See you soon!

Comments

Mad said…
I think, that we still dial. Even those high-tech-high-cost-low-weight-small-sized-cute-fancy-diamond-studded-platinum-covered cellphones, still dial.
I think we now use 'tone' dialing instead of 'pulse'. I guess thats why, nowadays, when we push the buttons we hear "Koon Koon Koooon" instead of "tikki tikki tikki tikki" :D
Wow, I blabber a lot!
Shruti said…
oho! So out u were in Disneyland!! That video is sparkling!!
Jeevan said…
Wow its amazing and wonderful fireworks guru! and hope you have a pleasant vacation. we too can also call it pressing phones these days.
Vinesh said…
a thing of fireworks is joy forever. glad you could see this!
Shruti said…
Still not out of the block, Guru? :->
G U R U said…
@mad: Doesn't the word 'dial' itself mean 'circular' or 'disc-like' :-D?

@shruti: yep! Disney is a nice place. Kids might enjoy it better. The fireworks were a treat to watch, though.

@jeevan: Weren't the fireworks cool? I think most of the people still use the word 'dialing', though we use press-type phones. Even I use that word!

@vinesh: Thanks! It truly was an amazing spectacle!

@shruti: In the last phase of mental cleansing :-D You'll have a notification in your inbox very soon!!
Shruti said…
mental cleansing? got polluted somewhere? ;-)
G U R U said…
@Shruti: Yeah, recently watched a tamil film called 'Kaalai'..am yet to recover from the shock.

Popular posts from this blog

I yum resign

Food for thought

Token of appreciation