Immortal chickens

Sometime in the recent past, I had been to BigY (a grocery store, near my home) to buy chicken drumsticks. Am habituated to checking expiry dates on ANY product I buy -- yeah, at times, I've even flipped a brand new razor pack a dozen times, frantically looking for the expiry date. Having said that, I must also say that all manufacturers across the globe, are habituated to either printing the expiry date at a place that is highly inconspicuous or leaving the column blank!

Anyway, speaking of chicken drumsticks, what could expiry date on an already dead chicken mean? Is the chicken still alive and is actually slated to die on the date mentioned in the pack? I don't think so, since I see the formless chicken in front of my own eyes! Then, what could it mean? Is the chicken going to get re-incarnated anytime between now and the predicted expiry date, and eventually die again? Hmm..Whatever, the crude reality was that I knew I was going to eat a dead body that was tested and marked for human consumption!

Am wondering how it'd be if the chickens started taking revenge -- just picture a chicken walk into a grocery store, looking for human legs! Indian, Chinese, Thai, South American, African, small, thick, long, slender, sexy; Wow!! Wouldn't they find better varieties in us than what we'd find in them?

Comments

Mad said…
Still doesn't make us "Chicken out" of eating Chicken does it? .. funny thought, A dead chicken having an expiry date! :)
Shruti said…
ohhohohoho!!!
"The rise of a dead chicken"
LOL!!
..and yea lucky chickens get to choose from a variety of legs! :P Cool haan Guru :D
Jeevan said…
As child just watching them picking the grains, i really get scare going near them as they were going to punch me.

that was good to see expiry day on every thing esp. for food items we buy for our safe.
Anonymous said…
hehe.. thought provoking... funnny... simpleee. good going...
G U R U said…
@mad: Nope, it doesn't ;-)
G U R U said…
@shruti: How I wish I were that lucky chicken for a day ;-)
G U R U said…
@jeevan: At times, chickens do get ferocious...so, beware!

Regarding the expiry date, as I said, am too very obsessive about it :)
G U R U said…
@chriz: Thanks :-D ! Keep clicking!

Popular posts from this blog

I yum resign

Food for thought

Token of appreciation