Token of appreciation

It was more than a ritual in my friend's ex-company to offer on-the-spot gratuities (really hefty ones) to their employees who made outstanding contributions to their respective projects. One such competitive employee, in spite of having exhibited his profound skills, was neither apprised in a just manner nor given the due credits. By due credits, I mean the impromptu gratuities I was talking about in the first line -- I believe, these were termed "Bravo awards".

The frustrated employee, who was no longer able to endure the injustice thrown upon him, once poured out his indignant feelings to his immediate supervisor, stating that the supervisor better honour him with at least a "Bravo". The supervisor, who was a new hire himself, did not know what "Bravo" meant; neither the true meaning of the word nor the company's lingo. Obviously, the employee meant the latter. Ignorant of these facts, the rookie searched for the "synonym" of the word in a web-dictionary, returned to the employee, gave a consoling pat on his back and shouted
with a sense of triumph, "Bravo! Bravo!"

Comments

Mad said…
Maybe we can get the supervisor a lab technician role in the esteemed "Sri Sairam Engg. College". God knows he will f1t like a glove!
Shruti said…
LOL! Its sometimes nice to hav siiyl ppl around :P
By the way, nice pic :D
Shruti said…
I mean *silly.. actually I heard a wolf is somewhere around.. so was typing in a hurry ;)
Kalimuthu C said…
That was too rational for the supervisor to respond to the team member's cry.....hmm...long time since I read your blog..was good to read it though...BTW nice picture. Bravo!
Jo said…
LOL! Also a perfect image to go with the post! Bravo!! :-))
G U R U said…
@mad: haha..I don't think so...for that to happen, the candidate has to be "extremely" underqualified ;-)
Shruti said…
its actually flattering when I know all ur attention is focussed on my blog for those few minutes.. when I get a series of comments from u on all the posts that u dint read :-)
G U R U said…
@shruti: True. It's the silly people like these who inspire me the most :)
G U R U said…
@kalimuthu c: Hi there! thanks for stopping by after a long time!
G U R U said…
@jo: Thanks :) !!
Sahefa said…
Hi
Hw r ya? The pic iz very cute
Bimla Kalauny said…
Did he eventually get the bravo that really mattered?
Mai said…
You're welcome!

This made me really and truly lmsao. Perfect picture!
Mai said…
And I've worked a few places where a 'Bravo! Bravo!' would have been an unheard-of compliment.
G U R U said…
@shruti: Well, am glad you are ;-)
G U R U said…
@sahefa: Hi there! I've been very well..thanks..yourself? Thanks for your comment!
G U R U said…
@madhumita: I don't think so. But he sure might've got a kick in his butt :-D
G U R U said…
@mai: So, a pat on the back is way far better huh ;-) ?
G U R U said…
@mai: Btw, thanks for wandering by and do keep clicking!

Popular posts from this blog

I yum resign

Food for thought