Return of crazy thieves

First Crazy Wednesday

'Crazy' Mohan, needs no introduction. His name says it all. I've grown up listening to and watching his stage dramas in several 'sabhas' in Mylapore, Chennai. Infact, there used to be an auditorium called 'RR Sabha', adjacent to my school building ,where many of his shows took place. So, it was just a hop, skip and a jump from the school's gate. I used to be so much crazy about 'Crazy' Mohan's dramas, that I would directly sneak into the auditorium with my school uniform, back pack and lunch bag, to get a glimpse of Maadhu and Cheenu, who were my favourite comedians then ! crazy kid, huh ?

Crazy Mohan's dialogues had a neat mix of satires, puns, one-liners and to top it all, confusions! The names of the characters in his plays and scripts ought to be Mythili, Janaki, Maadhu and Cheenu. He's been pretty much consistent with that, atleast as far as I've known. The interesting part about his wits are that they're constructed in such a way that while you're still laughing on a gag line, you might tend to lose out on the ones that follow -- and that speaks volumes about the writer's acumen. I've always believed that there are only three people that can execute Crazy Mohan's dialogues to perfection -- 'Maadhu' Balaji (Crazy's blood brother), 'Comedy King' S.Ve Sekhar and 'Padmashri' Kamal Hassan. Listening to their jokes, I can go on for days without bread and water.

Gallons of humour is all I need, to survive....

Starting today, I'll be posting audio versions of stage dramas penned by 'Crazy' Mohan under the space titled, 'Crazy Wednesday'. Hope you'll enjoy them as much as I'd do !

Update: Looks like this post hasn't had reasonable hits. So, i'll be discontinuing this series(as if I've already posted a dozen!) for now. I'll resume, on demand.

Presenting, 'Return of crazy thieves', a sequel to 'Crazy Thieves in Palavakkam' -> Click here to listen. If you'd like to listen to 'Crazy thieves in Palavakkam', please click here.



Source file: e-snips social DNA

Comments

Anonymous said…
Dei mapala... i remember romba nall munna unn cellulla irunda audio file achee daa adhu....

Sulkyyyyyy....
G U R U said…
@Raju: you got it ;-)
Kalimuthu C said…
I almost heard and re-heard all of Crazy mohan's drama....anyways good to list the link...like lollusabha @blogspot...this would be Crazy's Sabha @ Jilponks.blogspot.com

Hail Crazy!!!
G U R U said…
@Kali: Shhh...Keep it down, please. Crazy might just sue me ;-)
Anonymous said…
I was so excited to see Crazy Mohan's Dramas in your blog, unfortunately youve stopped with only two! :((
Please add more would love to hear them over n over again!
Thanks
Ananya Mahadevan

Popular posts from this blog

I yum resign

Food for thought

Software inside, footwear outside